Its been my long cherished dream to have my own blogspot...pen my thots...scribble my ordeals...share my bliss...

And here Im...A new kid on the block !!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Confessions of a Dieter

I ve never been thin in my life( atleast as far as i know !!!) Being a foodie, will try different cuisine in different places...mmm yummy food...hog without feelg guilty ...
Suddenly one fine day,it will dawn on me...( like Mahavir's realisation-for a change ...instead of Buddha...to prove that Im married to a Jain !!!)......that im crossing my limits.....
Alas !!! Im not fittg in to my old pair of jean....
 jus gettg ready for a reception and I find my blouses dont fit me ...
look at myself in the mirror and see a lot of unwanted bulges....
climbing the stairs...and Im panting for breath...uh uh...
where did prepregnancy Shobana go....( as if I was thinner then-come on yaar u can blame it )
Take a SWOT analysis...try to be back in track...try all kinds of fad diets....GM Diet,Carb diet,Banana diet( heard of it)..... water diet....OMG!!!!
Nothing works.....the thot of dieting,makes me eat more.....when i see others eating , i think about how many calories they wud be consuming...how do they burn it....now my whole mind is full of calories, negative calory food, metabolic rate,fruits,veges,salads,soups etc etc...and they horrify me in my dreams !!!!
Waiting for that moment when somebody wud say,Wow Shobana !!! u ve reduced....( inba then vanthu paintha mathiri irukkum )
Celebrating even a small reduction ( thirruppi back to square 1 !!)
At last found a decent,followable,eatable diet....Hopefully i should be able to fulfill my dream of gettg in to my old  jeans atleast ( illatti puthusa vaangalam...)
And this is a viscious circle and will go on for ever......
Hey....i can hear u all......sigh ......Is it ur story as well???



No comments:

Post a Comment