Its been my long cherished dream to have my own blogspot...pen my thots...scribble my ordeals...share my bliss...

And here Im...A new kid on the block !!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jingle Bells...Jingle Bells...

It was time for Christmas and New Year celebrations at my gym.They come up with something or the other every now and then.And I like it…There is so much fun…Nobody gives you an opportunity to exhibit your skills once you are outta school and college.May be in some work places…Now tht I don wrk full time, I utilize every available opportunity to let my hair down…

It was the day I rejoined gym,I was informed of the celebrations the next day !! And my instructor says “ Mam I have added your name for the dance contest.And anyways Shreya is there in Fairy walk” Which means we both are in…and its time to do some brain storming and head breaking :-)))

Ransacked the CDs available and played each one to see which one wud be easy to make everybdy believe that it is indeed dance !!!Finalised on Ayyasamy..Avoji samy from Or Iravu…Visualised the steps ( point to be noted- no practice).3 yrs back my cousin’s daughter Harini had taught me the steps..But happily forgotten…Tried my best to recollect…and cud only gaze at the empty wall …clueless…Filled the lyrics with expressions tht she had taught me and the music with not-so- difficult steps.

For Shreya- taught her a few lines which wud suit a fairy’s costume…When I was searching for couple of lines,she came up with
Iam a fairy Iam a fairy ( Sing jus like I hear thunder… )
Here I come Here I come ( This is frm another v rhyme)
I am going to fly Iam goin to fly…( Ithu sontha sahityam )
Later I changed it to I will make you happy

But she refused to practice  .Shreya has become very adamant these days…and pretends to have short term hearing problem !!! Jus cant hear whatever I say !!! Thot its gonna be a flop….

Picked up the clothes in the morng on the D day…tried to play the music and practice it for a couple of times.Eve I dressed up Shreya…reached the place and got to in to my costume.Thot if I drove the car with tht Kurathi costume, I cud imagine the four legged ones behind me !!!

Amma ,Ambika n Chinnu were our cheer leaders…The show started off with a wonderful Magic show.Followed by kid’s Fairy walk and then the dance.Then we also had couple of games for kids and members.

Time to announce the prize…And we were quite surprised tht we both had won the 1 st place !!!Hurrah !!!







It was indeed a time for celebration…and the show ended with a Dance Floor helping both of us to vent our excitement!!

Personally felt nice to step in to the New Year on a good note inspite of a few set backs and the challenges tht Im looking fwd in the coming New Year !!!

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman

1 comment:

  1. a nice way to end the year :)
    congrats to both of u again.... and the quote is very appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete