Its been my long cherished dream to have my own blogspot...pen my thots...scribble my ordeals...share my bliss...

And here Im...A new kid on the block !!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dinamalar Contests

Saw an ad in the paper regarding contests for kids for Children's Day.Was a little hesitant.But registered her name.Couple of days before the event got a call from them confirming the registration and they gave a registration no. too !!
I was quite surprised at the way everythg was handled..especially when we all look down at Tamil dailies.Yes it was a huge crowd at the venue on the D day...Appreciate the organisers and the parents too..who showed immense patience...
Shreya was part of Action Song n Fancy Dress.Fuller utilisation of the "Tree" which we had hired.
For action song, in her age group there were close to 80 kids!!
Well, outta over enthusiasm, I had given Shreya's name for another set of competitions that were being held at Annanagar.Was somehow quite sure that she wud atleast win one there.
So we took a decison to split in to two sets..:-) Shreya n Paatti went to Annanagar Prize distributn( results were supposed to be announced only then).
Vj n myself at Dinamalar..with little hope....
The first set of prizes announced were for 5-6 yrs age group Action songs...and here it goes...First prize Shreya Vijayananad !!!
Well, couldnt have felt so bad...such a prestigious stage..with Hundreds of people flocking...eagerly waiting for their kid's results...and here we get  the first prize...but the kid isnt there..While I was clouded with all kinda thots, I could here somebody shouting...Vaanag ma..neenga vandhu vaangunga...
With a heavy heart, I did go on to the stage and receive the prize...with droplets of tears cornering my eyes..:-( But I could sense the pride within me !!
The irony is, she din win any at the venue where she went !!!
But we are proud of u dear !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment