Its been my long cherished dream to have my own blogspot...pen my thots...scribble my ordeals...share my bliss...

And here Im...A new kid on the block !!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Stop and Rewind....The Day I was Reborn !!

Shreya is turning 4 on 23 rd Sept...Time jus flies...Im all gearedup for her bday...shopping,fixing the venue,buying gifts,making orders....Suddenly,I pushed the stop button and set my memories in to the rewind mode...
The following post was made for an online contest on http://www.chennaimoms.com/ for Mothers Day  and I was one of the winners!!
I dedicate this to My Angel on whose birth I was Reborn !!!
Tk U Shreya kutti...its coz of u I was able to share the wonderful experience !!!

Every pregnancy is unique in its own way !! 
From the day I read about this contest I ve been wanting to pen my thots and experience…I ve been munching those days at the back of my mind… 
An insight 
The day we saw the faintest pink double line, It was one of the most thrilling days of my life, to know from that moment forward, nothing would ever be the same.
First Trimester: 
 I was  not lookg  pregnant , but  I had already started feelg it. Today I was moody…next day I was  happy-the culprit -my fluctuating hormones.   Morning sickness was  in full swing.My husband was doing his night shifts…I was in a new city ,in an all new apartment where  only a few had moved in…. at nights all alone..with tears rolling down…
 my nausea continued… puttg me in to all kinds of trouble..I wud nt be able to spk continuously for few minutes over phone…People at the other end can only hear oooovaaa…Thats when my parents decided to join us for a mth!! It was a  grt respite…
I started seeing a slight bulging tummy.Thats when I really believed that I was pregnant.And  I shared the arrival of a new member in the family with others.U know what….I was  bombarded with loads of advice from elders,relatives,friends etc etc…
Second Trimester
I can say without a blink,the BEST phase..my honeymoon period…not only of my pregnancy..but of my LIFE !! I was more energetic… I heard a divine call sayg, “Nothing wrong in taking care of yourself.Mark my words….you will never find time for yourself after your sweet little bliss is born”.I took it to my heart and did everything possible to pamper myself and royally allowed others to pamper me!! 
 I hogged everythg that I saw...My husband involved himself in everystage of the pregnancy.I maintained a journal for every mth and took pics so that we can show it to our baby !!!
Mmm..yummy food is something that was always on my mind these days.My husband wud cme back home in the middle of the night and prepare a veg/fruit salad or a sandwich to feed me !!!
I kept myself busy by attending antenatal classes,listening to melodious music,relaxing,exercising,walking and ofcourse  being  forgetfull,dropping things and being clumsy !!!
I luv wearing bangles…I informed my mom that I wanted my Valaikappu in the 6 mth itself so that I can wear it for long..Though my husband’s side, did not have formalities,my MIL ( kudos to her) agreed immdly…And I had the way I wanted it to be…
Third trimester
My belly started looking like a basket ball!!And an itchy belly too… Pushing, Pedalling,Kicking,Cycling… baby’s kickings and somersaults  deprived me of  sleep…but I enjoyed it…
Then comes our search for names…My husband always wanted a girl ..But my hubby refused to shorlist any boy names…Ultimately we settled down on Shreya( which is common name in both Hindu and Jain mythology) and Shreyas for a boy ( since he din wanna think much)
I came to Chennai during the 34 th week.Till the 40 th week, everyweekend my husband wud drive on Sat morng straight frm office to Chennai.Return on Mon morng back to Bglre !! Tks to his co. which gave him paternity leave and he was able to fulfill my desire of being with me during my labour and delivery.
I had my quota of tension with high fever of 103 degrees durg my ninth mth and rashes all over the body when I frequented the hospital in the middle of the nights!!
The labour 
It was Amavasa day and the next day was the first day of  Navarathri.That was my due date Sept 22 nd..My husband had cme down and was stayg since Sept 17 th…and I was worried why haven’t I delivered??? We went for a checkup…came back home…My mom keeps Golu..my husband was building the steps and placing the dolls and as usual I was givg instructions…We slept at 12 midnite.By 1.00 am I started feeling a little uneasy…Immdly I took my pregnancy bible and looked for symptoms and signs…I waited till 3.00 am and then woke my husband …and then my mom…We started off to the hospital.Had mixed emotions…
When the initial formalities were over,the doc said, “ Its 5.30 am now,if u co operate u will deliver by 8.30 am…U ve already dilated 4 cm”.My husband’s support,God’s grace ,my antenatal lessons  and the doc’s continous encouragement…made me sail thru the labour with absolute ease… 
When I heard the “FIRST CRY”, I saw the clock in front of me on the wall…It was 8.30 am…and I asked the doc what baby? She said girl !! I was overwhelmed with happiness that I din disappoint my husband…I asked the nurse to tell my husband “Its Shreya”. Elated….Exhausted…..The little bundle of Joy was finally in our hands.  
Born on the first day of Navratri…life hasn’t been the same…My whole world exists in her eyes..My greatest achievement so far,,and wud ever be…giving birth to my bliss… I will never be more proud of anything, than I am of being a Mother. I will always be thankful to God  for the gift that has turned me into a mother. 
As a mother you will be reborn with your baby’s birth!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shobs - cool one !! reliving great moments... Advanced B'day wishes for Shreya kutti !! have loads of fun !! btw, my hub's b'date is sep 23 too !!! Great souls !!

    ReplyDelete